Click here to download EuroCharity's brief company profile in PDF format.
Founded in 2006, EuroCharity is headquartered in Athens, Greece with a mission to be Europe’s largest privately-run communication and networking platform specialised in CSR, responsible investing and the green economy.
A unique social entrepreneurship model in Europe, EuroCharity owns and operates two popular portals, updated daily, at www.eurocharity.gr/en and www.eurocharity.eu.
The resource-rich portals focus on CSR, sustainability, accountability, transparency, business excellence, business ethics, corporate governance, SRI, impact investing, social entrepreneurship, green entrepreneurship, civil society, volunteerism, clean technology, social innovation, philanthropy, climate change and the green economy.
EuroCharity offers innovative on-line and off-line services to its 470+ members and clients from the corporate, financial, public, academic and citizen sectors in Greece and, increasingly, from across Europe. EuroCharity is a signatory to the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact and founding member of the Global Compact Network Hellas. EuroCharity is GRI's Data Partner for Greece andOrganisational Stakeholder, collaborates with CSRwire and Ethical Performance, and donates a percentage of its annual pre-tax earnings to help fund innovative, not-for-profit projects that make an impact.
- Founded in 2006 by two visionary, values-based entrepreneurs from Greece and The Netherlands, headquartered in Athens
- The reference point for Corporate Social Responsibility and the Green Economy
- Catalyst for change
- 14,000+ opt-in e-newsletter receivers (received every fortnight by key stakeholders world-wide)
- 20,000+ uploads to date
- Publishes the EuroCharity Yearbook -- four albums have been successfully published to date (2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010)
- Donates 10% of annual pre-tax earnings to not-for-profit projects that make an impact -- to date, 10 projects have been funded by EuroCharity, submitted and implemented by 10 registered EuroCharity NGO members
- Participates in, speaks at and officially supports hundreds of relevant conferences, events and exhibitions, mainly in Europe but sometimes also elsewhere in the world
- Follow EuroCharity on Facebook (in Greek and English), LinkedIn (Company and Group -- both in English), and Twitter (@EuroCharity in English and @EuroCharityGR in Greek)
- Mrs. Sofia Bekatorou, double Olympic sailing medallist and member of the Special Olympics World Summer Games ATHENS 2011 Organising Committee, serves as EuroCharity's "Best Practices Ambassador". In the EU, almost 100 million citizens of all ages invest their time, talents and money to make a positive contribution to their community by volunteering in citizen sector organisations, youth clubs, hospitals, schools, in sport clubs, etc. The EU has designated 2011 as the "European Year of Volunteering".
- Latest news and developments related to EuroCharity (the company) in English
- Brief bios of EuroCharity's President and Managing Partner, Mr. Peter Michel Heilmann and Mr. Michael Spanos, respectively
- Official Web site of Mrs. Sofia Bekatorou, double Olympic sailing medallist, sport psychologist, member of the Special Olympics World Summer Games ATHENS 2011 Organising Committee and EuroCharity's "Best Practices Ambassador" [external link in Greek]
2, K. Palama Street & 161, Vouliagmenis Avenue, GR-172 37 Dafni, Athens, Greece [Google map] [contact details]